Work with The House for 8 Weeks!
8-Week Position – Operations Manager
Do you care about Jewish life and values? Do you want to make a difference for your community? Are you looking to work with a creative and thoughtful team while developing your skills and marketability? Then look no further! The House may be the place for you!
For more than 18 years, The House has been a pillar of the community, focused on Jewish values to bring context to young adult’s greatest challenges and aspirations. Whether in-person or online, The House’s programs are fun and foster meaningful connections between young adults, and their community.
The House has a rich history offering Summer Interns exciting opportunities to run their own projects. Many of our former interns are still employed part-time or volunteering on committees for exciting projects. If you would like to be part of The House team, please send your resume and a cover paragraph in an email telling us why you’d like to join our team. Send it to email@example.com with the subject: Summer Job Application.
Please note, the deadline to submit an application is June 11. Jobs will be filled on a rolling basis. All applications will be reviewed, however, only candidates fitting the profile will be contacted for an interview. Thank you.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Hourly Wage Rate: $17.00
Number of Weeks: 8
Number of Hours per Week: 35.00
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Operations Manager(OM) is responsible for supporting and enhancing the processes and procedures that support the day-to-day functions of the organization. From file organizing, to remote working, as well as database development and donor management, the OM will enhance the systems that are the backbone of The House.
- Identifying and implementing new tools related to streamlining and enhancing virtual work and events
- Developing procedural manuals for any new system or process implemented
- Interacting with donors to update their data and/or prepare and deliver their charitable gift receipts
- Organizing monthly Board and volunteer leadership committee meetings
- Working with a database to create reports supporting the work of the development and programming team
- Managing payables and receivables, including writing cheques
- Managing transfer of financial information to the organization’s Bookkeeper
- Managing an event registration system