Work with The House for 8 Weeks!
Summer Position – Marketing and Communications Specialist (2 positions available)
Do you care about Jewish life and values? Do you want to make a difference for your community? Are you looking to work with a creative and thoughtful team while developing your skills and marketability? Then look no further! The House may be the place for you!
For more than 18 years, The House has been a pillar of the community, focused on Jewish values to bring context to young adult’s greatest challenges and aspirations. Whether in-person or online, The House’s programs are fun and foster meaningful connections between young adults, and their community.
The House has a rich history offering Summer Interns exciting opportunities to run their own projects. Many of our former interns are still employed part-time or volunteering on committees for exciting projects. If you would like to be part of The House team, please send your resume and a cover paragraph in an email telling us why you’d like to join our team. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Summer Job Application.
Please note, the deadline to submit an application is June 11. Jobs will be filled on a rolling basis. All applications will be reviewed, however, only candidates fitting the profile will be contacted for an interview. Thank you.
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Specialist
Hourly Wage Rate: $17.00
Number of Weeks: 8
Number of Hours per Week: 35.00
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
The House is investing in a new content strategy to meet young adults where they are in a more present and interactive way. The Marketing and Communications Specialist (MCS) will be responsible for developing social media and original digital content and supporting the creation of The House’s online programs. This is a great opportunity for a creative, self-starter who understands The House’s mission and who wants to make Jewish relevant online in new and exciting ways.
- Develop, write and partially create strategies on the deployment of traditional and experiential marketing content (online and in print)
- Produce original social media content that responds Jewish Canadian trends and issues
- Research content and support or lead the production of longer-form original content
- Manage video and sound recording content for live and archival consumption
- Manage and create real-time online interactions with our community, tracking the associated engagement and analytics