It takes a while for couples to get a rhythm they’re comfortable with — especially one that’ll make them want to loop those feel-good high notes on replay for years to come.
So we asked couples in serious, long-term relationships to tell us what this “relationship soundtrack” might look like; what helps them keep the beat going strong for so long.
The responses you gave us were music to our ears, making this a truly diverse mixed list of fun laughs and heartfelt sentiments.
Clearly, together we can do anything! …Maybe even a record label?
The House presents to you (with love)…
“Relationship’s Greatest Hits” Mixed Tape Soundtrack
1. “You get free therapy! He is always there for me and always willing to listen.”
— Jennifer & Jonathan
2. “There’s always someone to keep you in check when you really need it. You live with your best friend.”
— Rafi & Samantha
3. “Not having to watch Stranger Things alone!!”
— Allie & Snir
4. “Farting together is natural and always funny, even when it’s gross.”
— Danya & Jonah
5. “It sounds negative but hating the same things. Walking out of a movie and ripping on it for a solid hour is so much fun.”
— Kit & Lee
6. “There is no way I could take care of our 8 awesome kids on my own without my wife.”
— Rabbi Rafi & Shira
7. “Dancing in the living room to Old MacDonald after a long day at work.”
— Eytan & Dafna
8. “Trying to make each other laugh in the middle of the most heated debates.”
— Bonnie & Albert
9. “Being able to wake up in the middle of the night knowing your loved one is right next to you.”
— Faith & Adam
10. “Having someone to come home to. <3”
— Alisa & Jonathan
We love to put a fun, unique spin on traditional values. Our Relationship Series explores powerful paradigms for approaching the fundamentals of a successful relationship, in a relaxed group setting. Find out more about the program, or sign up for the next installment in April.