The House is looking for a part-time (up to 10 hours/week) social media specialist to manage, maintain and grow engagement and community with post-university, pre-parenthood, Jewish young adults on our social platforms.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Content planning and execution for our social media channels in line with The House’s content calendar. (Primarily Facebook & Instagram)
- Planning: create a dynamic, cohesive social media calendar, to promote events & programs, share stories, and to take advantage of niche opportunities, eg. Jewish Holidays, Giving Tuesday, special #days, etc.
- Execution: Design striking, unique and visually appealing posts that deliver our messages with a punch.
- Crafting timely responses to global events and incidents which impact the Jewish community, and the global community.
- Engaging in relevant online conversations in a timely and clever way while staying true to our established voice.
- Communication management. Responding to social-media comments, questions, concerns, and inquiries. We want someone who loves to engage!
- Conceptualizing of initiatives to expand our reach and deepen our relationships with existing followers, potential followers and influencers.
- Identifying topics that will resonate with our audience. Researching, writing, and curating posts, always with a CTA in mind.
- Monthly reporting on the heartbeat of social media: followers, engagement, what we tried, what worked, what didn’t, and setting out future goals.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Is interested in exploring the link between Jewish Identity and mainstream life. Requires nuanced understanding of Jewish millennials.
- Has a developed ability to write in the voice of a brand using humour, insightfulness and sensitivity.
- Has great written communication skills – you hate to see “their”, “there” and “they’re” used incorrectly!
- Has a knack for quippy one-liners that are sure to grab attention as well as researched, longer-form writing.
- Loves visual discourse and storytelling through both images and words.
- Has content design experience, skillful in bringing post ideas to life. Experience with Photoshop/Illustrator and other design platforms a major asset.
- Has experience managing social media for a brand/company: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. (2 years experience is preferred.)
- Is always up to date on the newest social trends.
- Has a keen eye for analytics. Sets measurable goals and works towards them. Analyzes past work for successes and potential improvements. Always innovating and evolving.
- Can work independently and is self-motivated. Work can be done remotely.
- Increase our following with the right audience – our people!
- Create social media story-lines to engage and delight our audience.
- Create conversations on social media. Position ourselves as experts in our space and stay engagement-oriented.
- Explore potential social media partnerships and collaborations.
- Make our brand something to talk about! “Go viral” in our own way.
- Publish frequent quality content.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, referencing Social Media Specialist in the subject line by December 1. Please note that only those candidates being considered will be contacted and that interviews will be done on a rolling basis.
The House is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability or special circumstance, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Thank you.