The House has an opportunity for an Engagement Specialist to support the organization’s efforts to reach-out to, engage and serve post-university, pre-parenthood, Jewish young adults.
- Developing and overseeing meaningful relationships with young adult constituents, both in person and online
- Crowd-sourcing young adults for their real-world challenges and aspirations
- Serving as a Concierge, connecting young adults to opportunities and networks
- Updating the LGL database with participant and attendee information on an ongoing basis and producing reports
- Collaborating with internal departments to determine program, design, content, logistics and priorities
- Occasionally collaborating with community partners on program delivery
- Recruiting program participants into community volunteers and leaders
- Implementing a Jewish Values-based approach to all programs
- Attending events / meetings where young professionals gather including held by The House and community partners, many on evenings and weekends from time-to-time
- Ability to speak in front of groups and make short presentations
Skills & Qualifications
- Completion of a post-secondary, four-year degree program in any discipline
- Demonstrated experience leading initiatives and delivering superior customer / participant experiences
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with various social media platforms (i.e. Facebook and Instagram)
- Knowledge and experience working with or volunteering in Toronto’s Jewish community
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing Engagement Coordinator in the subject line by June 28. Please note that only those candidates being considered will be contacted and that interviews will be done on a rolling basis.
The House is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability or special circumstance, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Thank you.